Eyebrows are a strip of hair growing on the ridge above your eye socket. They highlight your eyes and face. If your eyes are the window to the soul, then the eyebrows are the frame for that window.
Your eyebrow defines every feature of your face. Growth of eyebrow differs to persons due to genetic or medical reasons. Some have very light and unnoticeable eyebrows. Others may have too thick that they have to trim regularly to preserve the perfect shape. If you want to make your eyebrows darker or create a shape on it, you can do it with all your own by practicing some simple steps. You will need an eyebrow pencil to do that. Make a natural looking eyebrows at home without taking any help from a makeup artist!
1. Make sure that your eyebrow is ready and you don’t have to tweeze any excessive hair. If you have to, you better do it in advance.
2. Most commonly used colour for eyebrows are brown. But you can give it a second thought by comparing with your hair colour to keep it natural. Filling the bare area doesn’t mean that you have to use a dark colour. Select a pencil shade that is lighter than your hair colour, preferably no more than two shades.
3. Sharpen your pencil and make a precise edge to draw with it smoothly.
4. Draw a light line starting from half inch above your tear duct and draw it through the outer corner of your eye. Make light and short strokes.
5. Above the outer edge of your iris, draw an arch just above the line. Try to make the arch look natural.
6. If you made any mistakes in the line, you can remove it by using a cotton swab lightly soaked with makeup remover. Rub the area and draw it again.
7. Use more pencil to the line above to fill up the rest. Continue filling in from the arch to the outer corner.
8. Shade in the area between the line and the arch. They will be connected. Slightly darken the light line between the arch and the outer corner of the eye to match the rest of it.
9. Repeat the same process for the other eyebrow.
10. You can use an eyebrow brush to comb the eyebrows and blend the pencil even more. It will give you a perfect finishing by working from the inner to outer corner.